Corporate Giving Guidelines
These guidelines have been established to assist with requests for a charitable donation from Dollar Tree, Inc. Please review these guidelines prior to submitting your request:
Priority is given to requests from nonprofit organizations that serve residents of Hampton Roads, Virginia (i.e., the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, and Suffolk) and the immediate communities surrounding our regional Distribution Center facilities.
To help with reviewing requests for contributions, support would be provided to organizations that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and whose programs specifically benefit the geographic areas outlined above and follow our C.A.R.E.S. principle.
C.A.R.E.S Principles for Giving
Improve children’s readiness to learn and ability to succeed in school by supporting education initiatives.
Promote broad-based participation in the arts and cultural activities.
Preserve and increase access to the region’s unique assets.
Support environmental efforts within the region.
Improve the quality of life for socio-economically disadvantaged families.
Our Program Exclusions
- Donations of merchandise, gift certificates, or discounts.
- Organizations not tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Door prizes, gift certificates, or other giveaways
- Donations of returned, damaged, or excess merchandise
- Sponsorship or fundraising for special events such as auctions, raffles, luncheons and dinners, carnivals, and sporting events
- Individual K-12 schools or school events such as proms, graduations, PTO/PTA groups, etc.
- Individuals, including student exchange/travel programs, family reunions, memorials, benefits
- Conferences and seminars
- Capital campaigns; construction and renovation projects
- Membership, religious, political, labor, or fraternal organizations
- International projects or organizations
- Film and video projects
- Research projects
How to Submit Requests
If your organization meets the funding priorities and the C.A.R.E.S. criteria listed above, please submit a formal letter of inquiry on organization letterhead and include:
- Contact name and title at the organization
- Organization’s name, street address, city, state, and zip code
- Telephone number with area code, fax number, email address, and website address
- IRS tax determination letter and employer identification number
- Brief statement of the organization’s mission
- Description of program or project to be funded (include program milestones, expected outcomes, and how the program supports Dollar Tree’s funding priorities)
- Project/Program budget and amount requested showing expenses and other sources of income
Please Mail Your Proposal To:
Dollar Tree, Inc.
ATTN: Corporate Giving
500 Volvo Parkway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Written inquiries in English only, please. No telephoned, faxed, or emailed requests will be considered.
If funding is available and your request is selected for further consideration, you will be contacted by a Dollar Tree representative. Due to the volume of requests for donations and sponsorships received, we are unable to respond personally to telephoned, faxed, and emailed inquiries regarding the status of requests.